Have you planned for your company’s succession and your exit strategy?
Many companies are so caught up in the day-to-day processes that succession planning becomes an afterthought. It is important to have a succession plan sooner rather than later to avoid the stresses related to such transitions. We understand what creates value in your business in order to help you position it to be of the highest value at the time the owner wants to sell. Because you never know what tomorrow may bring, please consider the following:
- Are there any minority owners and is there a plan to buy back their stock prior to the sale?
- What is the valuation of the company in today’s market and what are the value drivers?
- Who would likely buyers be?
- Strategic buyers such as competitors
- Private Equity groups
- Management team
- Has any estate planning been done?
- Is this a good time to have you gift stock to your children?
- Techniques to give away stock value but retain voting control.
Family limited partnerships / trusts
- How will the estate affect the business?
- Is there a succession plan?
We can assist in helping you to answer these questions and put a plan in place.
For more information, contact us today. Or, you can connect with any of the individuals highlighted on this page.