Wealth Management | Questions to ask your Investment Professional
We serve select business owners, executives, and high net worth families. Our team will assist you in defining your financial goals; developing a plan to help attain these goals; assist in implementing the plan; and monitor your progress over time. We understand that this is an ongoing process, and not a quick analysis with instant solutions. Our approach is to take a long term perspective and treat it as an ongoing process.
- What is the education and work experience background of my advisor? What financial designations and certifications does my advisor have?
- What proprietary products does my advisor have? Is there potential conflict of interest when recommending products and/or services?
- What is NUA? If I have employer stock why is this strategy important to know about?
- Given my current lifestyle, what rate of return do I need to earn on my portfolio from now and until retirement? What rate during retirement do I need to earn?
- What dollar amount do I need to save each month in order to retire on the day I want to?
- What are the various multi-generational planning techniques that are available to maximize my federal and state applicable exclusions to ensure that my net worth will transfer to the people I desire and not the IRS, state, and federal governments?
- What portfolio insurance strategies are available to me to safeguard my investments?
- How is my total investment portfolio tax diversified to reduce taxes now and also down the road?
- What strategy is there to convert my current growth portfolio to an income producing portfolio?
- What strategy is currently in place to continue my family's lifestyle that I will enjoy on the day prior to the day I retire regardless of what happens to the financial markets?
- How is my financial situation secure so that my family can continue their lifestyle if I become laid off, disabled, have a premature death, have a legal judgment, or need long term health care?
- How can my family and I exercise a Pension, Social Security, Incentive Stock Options, Nonqualified Stock Options, Restricted Stock, Phantom Stock, Stock Appreciation Rights, and Nonqualified Deferred Compensation plans most effectively?
- How is my current investment, tax, and estate planning coordinated with each other and have those respective professionals spoken?
- If I feel I am behind and not sure what to do, who do I trust to give me the impartial advice and direction that I need?
- What are my peers doing that I am not currently doing or aware of?
For more information, contact us today. Or, you can connect with any of the individuals highlighted on this page.